University of Pennsylvania School of Law (J.D. cum laude 2000), Symposium Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review
Cornell University (B.A. 1997)
Brian A. Blitz
Brian Blitz is a partner in the Corporate Real Estate Practice Group. Mr. Blitz focuses on all aspects of corporate transactions, including corporate real estate transactions. He routinely handles matters involving mergers and acquisitions, complex joint ventures, real estate platform transactions and creations of separately managed accounts, divestitures, carve-out transactions, corporate governance and general corporate counseling. He also has represented clients in connection with strategic investments in fund managers.
Mr. Blitz has advised clients in a range of private and publicly held companies and financial sponsors across an array of industries, including real estate, REITs, mobile housing, healthcare, aerospace, recycling, insurance, communications, retail, consumer products, and online gaming. In addition, Mr. Blitz has represented private equity funds in connection with asset acquisitions and restructuring of portfolio investments.
Some of Mr. Blitz’s recent notable transactions* include:
- Representation of a sponsor in connection with its investment in a self-storage business;
- Representation of an industrial property investor and operator in connection with a platform joint venture and various separately managed accounts;
- Representation of a REIT in connection with a PIPE investment in a REIT;
- Representation of an asset manager in connection with its acquisition of a manufactured housing portfolio;
- Representation of the special committee of a publicly-traded company in connection with its three-way merger of equals transaction;
- Representation of a private equity sponsor in connection with its acquisition of a specialty ingredients distributor; and
- Representation of a private equity sponsor in connection with its acquisition of an equipment rental business.
* includes transactions at prior firms
Mr. Blitz graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law where he was the Symposium Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and received his B.A. from Cornell University. Mr. Blitz served as a law clerk to the Hon. Jan E. Dubois in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Mr. Blitz is admitted to practice only in New York