Last Updated: September 5, 2023.
Our offices are located at:
555 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10022
We can be reached: via e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephone at (212) 883-1700
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of personally identifiable information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR to the extent that it applies to you.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information You Provide
- We collect, use and retain PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION for our legitimate business purposes only and in furtherance of providing legal and other business services.
- In general, you do not have to provide personally identifiable information to use our Website.
- You may choose to provide your personally identifiable information to us via the Website. For example, certain services which you may subscribe for through our Website (e.g., e-mail alerts and updates) may require you to provide personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other contact information in order to take advantage of the service.
- The Firm collects personally identifiable information via the Website only to the extent that such information is provided by visitors who voluntarily make a submission, register for events, subscribe to receive mailings, or submit resumes or any other content through our Website. personally identifiable information collected through our Website may be stored in the Firm 's contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information in that database.
- We may use your personally identifiable information (in some cases, in conjunction with your non-personally identifiable information) mainly to administer your inquiries and communicate with you. We may also use your personally identifiable information in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
- If you sign up to receive news, alerts or publications from the Firm, submit a request for a legal education seminar, or contact us through the Website, we may use the information you provide to send you the communications you request and/or respond to your inquiry, and may also use the information to communicate with you about other topics we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may use non-personally identifiable information we collect via the Website for any purpose.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
- When you visit our Website, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Website, access times and dates, and other statistics. We may use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Website and for the Website’s technical administration, to increase our Website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor the Website to our visitors' needs. We do not treat Log Data as personally identifiable information or use it in association with personally identifiable information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information.
- Certain pages on our Websites may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow us or third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page.
Information We Share
- We may engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, to facilitate our Website, provide the Website on our behalf, and perform Website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third parties may have access to your personally identifiable information. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirement
- From time to time, the Firm may also co-sponsor programs or events, in which case the Firm may share relevant personally identifiable information (e.g., attendee lists) for purposes of such program or event.
- We may also disclose information about you that we have collected to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of the Firm or any third parties, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
Links To Third Party Sites
Storage And Transfer Of Data
- We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the Website designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personally identifiable information we collect through the Website.
- Regardless of where you are located, the Firm collects information, and processes and stores that information in databases stored on servers located in the United States
- We will retain your personally identifiable information for as long as necessary to: (i) permit us to use it for the purposes that we have communicated to you; (ii) comply with our legal obligations; and (iii) comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personally identifiable information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personally identifiable information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse
- All information is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personally identifiable information. We encourage you to take all appropriate security measures when providing us with personally identifiable information – such as using and limiting access to your credit card and banking information and access to your computers, personal electronic devices and web browsers.
- The Firm employs security systems to protect the personally identifiable information we receive from unauthorized disclosure. Please be aware that data transmission is not always secure and we cannot warrant that information you transmit may not be intercepted, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
- If you suspect unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, it is your responsibility to contact the Firm immediately.
- Please note that emails, messaging features, and similar means of communication with other users are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
Your Information Choices
- If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or if you would like to have your information removed from our mailing list, please contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, when you receive certain electronic materials from us you may make use of any "opt out" provision in such communications so that we know that you no longer wish to receive such materials from us.
- To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the personally identifiable information they provide through the Websites, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such personally identifiable information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
Your Rights Under GDPR (if applicable)
We are committed to honoring your right to privacy. With this in mind, it is important that we inform you of certain rights that may be available to you under the GDPR (if you are a resident of the European Union) with respect to the personally identifiable information that you provide to us.
- Right of Access – your right to be informed of and request access to your personally identifiable information
- Right to Rectification – your right to request that we amend or update your personally identifiable information where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure – your right to request that we delete your personally identifiable information;
- Right to Restrict – your right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personally identifiable information;
- Right to Object – your right to object to your personally identifiable information being processed for direct marketing purposes,
- Right to Data Portability – your right to request a copy of your personally identifiable information in electronic format and the corresponding right to transmit that personally identifiable information for use elsewhere; and
- Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
It is important that you understand these rights and know that you are free to exercise each of them with respect to your PII. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. In your request, please indicate (a) what personally identifiable information is concerned, and (b) which of the above rights you would like to enforce.
Policy For Children
- Our Website and services are generally not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13 without the supervision of a parent or guardian, and we do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13.
- If you are under the age of 13, (or otherwise under the applicable age limit of your country), please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us. You may rely on your parent or guardian to assist you.
- If you are a parent of a child under the applicable age limit for consent in your country and become aware that your child has provided personally identifiable information to us, please contact us so that we can either (a) gain your consent to the collection of the personally identifiable information, or (b) receive your instructions to delete the personally identifiable information. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will take all reasonable steps to delete the personally identifiable information in the absence of contrary written instruction from such parent or guardian
California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personally identifiable information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personally identifiable information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
- If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data, if any, that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
How To Contact Us