- University of Pennsylvania Law School, (J.D. 2012; Bernard A. Chertcoff Prize for Taxation)
- Beth Medrash Govoha (B.S. 2008)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. 2017)
Mitchell joined the firm in 2023 and is a partner in the Tax Practice. His work covers a range of tax transactions, including advising REITs and other tax-exempt entities regarding the tax consequences of their investment strategies and other activities. Mr. Snow regularly advises institutional owners, operators, investment managers, and developers on tax aspects of joint ventures, financings, developments, acquisitions, dispositions, and restructurings with respect to real estate and other assets throughout the United States.
Mr. Snow assists clients with the structuring of real estate and other investment funds, with a particular focus on 1031 tax-deferred exchanges and New York transfer taxes.
- Large global real estate funds, developers and institutional investors in federal income tax matters relating to international and domestic real estate acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings
- A Korean insurance company in structuring a private REIT jointly held with a U.S. insurance company
- JPMorgan in private REIT matters
- Carr Properties in private REIT matters
- A multinational asset manager in the restructuring of its $43 billion private real estate fund
- Disposition of the Southeast Financial Center, Miami, Florida, Houston Center, Houston, Texas and Pacific Place, San Francisco, California on behalf of an investment advisor
- Acquisition, financing and redevelopment of Washington Post site, Washington, D.C. on behalf of a private REIT
- Acquisition, financing and recapitalization of Century Plaza Towers and 2000 Avenue of the Stars in Los Angeles, California
- Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation (NYSE:MNR), a public equity REIT specializing in single-tenant, net-leased industrial properties, in its $4 billion merger with ILPT
- UMH Properties (NYSE:UMH), the owner and operator of a portfolio of manufactured home communities, with the launch of ATM programs for common and preferred stock
Mr. Snow is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School and received his LL.M from New York University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey.
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Chambers New York, Tax: Associates to Watch
- Co-author, REITS 101: A Guide to Real Estate Investment Trusts, Bloomberg Tax, April 20, 2022
- Co-author of Treatise, Real Estate Investment Trusts, Thomson Reuters Securities Law Series, 2021
- Author, REITs: Common Pitfalls and Fixes Checklist, Practical Law Checklist, Thomson Reuters maintained article
- Author, REITs: Overview, Practical Law Checklist, Thomson Reuters maintained article