Mr. Galvano has substantial expertise in many principal areas of commercial real estate law, including, acquisitions (both domestic and international), sales, financings and restructurings relating to all types of commercial real estate transactions. Mr. Galvano predominantly represents large institutions, such as investment management firms and local and national developers/operators, in complicated joint venture transactions.
Mr. Galvano is admitted to practice only in New York.
- The acquisition and joint venture structuring of a $900M acquisition of a portfolio of limited partnership interests in approximately 25 private equity funds from the State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund E.
- The joint venture structuring of a $1B portfolio of distressed debt and REO from Banco Popular.
- The $50 million preferred equity investment in a development project in New York City.
- The acquisition, financing and joint venture structuring of an office building and development land located in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- The acquisition, financing and joint venture structuring of an outdoor retail mall commonly known as the Anaheim GardenWalk, located in Anaheim, California.
- The acquisition and joint venture structuring of a $30 million mezzanine loan, which indirectly encumbers six office properties located in Stamford, Connecticut.
- The acquisition of multiple loans held by an investment banking institution, which encumbered more than 20 hotels located in 9 states and, simultaneously with such acquisition, the negotiation of deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure from the more than 20 separate borrowers that owned those hotels.
- The acquisition, financing and joint venture structuring of a ground lessee interest in real property located at 680 Madison Avenue, New York, New York and the improvements thereon commonly known as the Carlton House from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, a New York trust, and Carlton House, Inc., a New York corporation.
- The acquisition, financing and joint venture structuring of a $29.4 million retail center project located in South Plainfield, New Jersey.
- The disposition a $42 million retail center project located in Fairlawn, Ohio.
- The joint venture structuring of a $57 million ground lessee interest in a triple net leased building located in Brooklyn, New York.
- The acquisition of the fee interest in, and concurrent negotiation of the form of ground lease to encumber, a prestigious office building located at 1372 Broadway in Midtown Manhattan.
- Super Lawyers: New York Metro: 2023
- Super Lawyers: New York Metro Rising Star: 2012-2014