Christopher Gorman joined the Firm in 2004 and is the co-chair of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Mr. Gorman is most known and respected for his work on joint venture agreements (representing both money partners and operating partners). He also has in-depth experience in acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, financings, restructurings, and developments relating to all asset classes of commercial real estate. Mr. Gorman represents clients in all components of the capital stack for commercial real estate investments across the United States.
Mr. Gorman’s clients include major financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds, developers and private equity, hedge, and opportunity funds.
Mr. Gorman has earned a reputation as a highly skilled attorney who is creative and practical in order to help his clients achieve their business goals. He adds value and insight to his clients’ business objectives by drawing on his experience and industry knowledge to provide invaluable recommendations and advice. For these reasons, he is regarded by all of his clients as a talented and dedicated attorney to whom clients turn for their most complex transactions.
Mr. Gorman is admitted to practice only in New York.
- Assemblage of a portfolio of manufactured housing sites located across thirteen States, valued at over $2 billion (in the aggregate) and the eventual disposition of such sites through a corporate-level sale.
- Acquisition of a large development site located in Chicago with an estimated $350 million capitalization, and the procurement of a construction facility for over $200 million.
- Financing of a mixed-use development site in Los Angeles, California, with approximately $125 million in mortgage debt and $50 million in mezzanine debt.
- Formation of a joint venture platform to both acquire and manage hotels across the United States.
- Recapitalization of a 5-star resort and development sites located in Puerto Rico.
- Vertical subdivision and acquisition of a mixed use office building and hotel located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Refinancing of an office building complex located in Maryland, valued at approximately $100 million.
- Sale of a multi-family apartment complex located in New Jersey, valued at approximately $150 million.
- Recapitalization of a historic office building located in New York City, valued at approximately $300 million.
- Acquisition and financing of a portfolio of multi-family apartment complexes located in Pennsylvania.
- Acquisition and financing of a portfolio of office buildings located in California.
- Acquisition of a portfolio of shopping centers located across several mid-Atlantic States and the assumption of the existing mortgage financing.
- Acquisition, restructuring, financing and eventual sale of a portfolio of self-storage centers located across the State of California and valued at approximately $100 million.
- Syndication of a mezzanine loan secured by the ownership interests in a development project in White Plains, New York.
- Acquisition of a portfolio of seven office buildings located in San Diego, California and the assumption of each individual mortgage encumbering each property.
- Acquisition and financing of a portfolio of grocery stores located throughout New England.
- Acquisition of a significant interest in the owner of approximately 100 nursing home and assisted living facilities throughout the nation valued at approximately $1 billion
- Recapitalization of a portfolio of multi-family apartment buildings located in New York City.
- Preferred equity investment in a residential development project in New York City.
- Super Lawyers: New York Metro: 2016-2023
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: New York Metro: 2012, 2014 – 2015