The Firm’s pro bono efforts are managed and supervised by our Pro Bono Committee, which is comprised of partners, associates and staff members.
The Pro Bono Committee (working with the Management Committee) sets the firm’s overall goals and policies, meets monthly to consider new
pro bono and community investment opportunities, and assists attorneys in finding new pro bono projects.
The firm’s pro bono and community service highlights can been seen here.
Both attorneys and staff are involved in Adler & Stachenfeld’s efforts to help others. Here are some highlights of our recent work.
- Sanctuary for Families U-visa Projects. The firm is proud to be a partner with Sanctuary for Families to assist immigrant victims of domestic violence to obtain legal immigration status in order to escape violence and establish stability for themselves and their children. Attorneys meet with these clients to hear their story, prepare the necessary forms and affidavits, and assist them with the application process.
- New York City Law Department’s Public Service Program. Litigation associates at the firm have the opportunity to be appointed as Special Assistant Corporation Counsel to take and defend depositions in active tort cases for the City of New York. During a 10 week rotation (1 day per week for 10 weeks), associates take and defend depositions and learn, first hand, important deposition taking/defending litigation skills, while at the same time providing a valuable public service to the City of New York.
- Wall Street Warfighters Foundation. The firm regularly assists the Wall Street Warfighters Foundation in connecting military veterans with real estate industry contacts for potential employment opportunities and in fundraising in further support of WSWF’s important mission—to help returning military veterans find employment in the financial industry sector.
- Legal Services Corporation. In conjunction with the firm’s Tax Exempt Organizations Practice Group, attorneys have assisted with the corporate restructuring of Legal Services Corporation (LSC), one of the nation’s largest non-profit legal aid organizations which is dedicated to providing civil legal aid to low-income Americans.
- New York Cares Coat Drive. The firm participated in the 2013-2014 coat drive through NY Cares. Attorneys and staff collected and made 44 coat donations which helped keep New Yorkers a bit warmer during the particularly cold winter! The firm plans to participate again this coming winter, with a goal of collecting even more coats.
- Financial contributions. In addition to donating time, the firm regularly makes financial contributions to public and legal services organizations.